This option allows the individual/firm that added the Service Contact to update the party that the contact is associated with on a case.
An example: Service Contact 1 is listed under Party A, however, Service Contact 1 is associated with Party B.
How to use this option:
- Locate the case's Service Contact list. (How can I view the Service Contacts on a Case?)
- Once this is pulled up, click the black Actions button to the right of the Service Contact's name and email address. (If you do not see this option, this indicates that the contact was not added by you/your firm).
- From the drop down, select "Link Parties with Contact."
- This will populate a list of Parties on the case. Click the boxes to the left of the party that you would like the contact to be listed under. (You may select more than 1 to list the contact under multiple parties.) The party or parties with a check on the left will be the parties that the contact is listed under. Leave a party unchecked if you don't want the contact to be associated with the party. Once completed, select Close.
- The Service Contact will update to reflect changes.
- Repeat as needed.
Please Note: You will only have this option for Service Contacts that were added by you/your firm. If you don't have a black Actions button to the right of a contact, this indicates the contact was not added by you/your firm and will not be able to be changed. You have the option to add a service contact under the correct party.
Instructions: Adding a Service Contact email to a Case
To remove a contact for you or your firm that was not added by you, you may complete this form to request to be removed under a specific party. See: Service Contact Removal Request Form