Hearing dates are enabled based on the options entered into the Case Cross Reference Number section. The following instructions are for the Cook County Law and Chancery Divisions.
1. Enter your Cook County Attorney Code or 99500 if you are not an attorney in the "Case Cross Reference Number" box.
2. In the "Case Cross Reference type," you need to select Cook County Attorney/Self-Represented Litigant Code.
3. Click the grey "Add Case Cross Reference Number" button. Your number will be added to the list below.
4. Go back up to the "Case Cross Reference Number" box, you will need to type the word "Motion".
5. In the "Case Cross Reference type" box. You will need to select one of the motion types or calendar options.
6. Click the grey "Add Case Cross Reference Number". Your number will be added to the list below.
7. Click on the save changes.
When you submit your filing you will be able to select a hearing date.
Here is an example.
Here is a video example.
If you have properly filled out the Case Cross Reference Number section, and you are still unable to select a Hearing Date upon submission, it is recommended that you contact the court you're filing into for assistance in scheduling the date.
For instructions on other locations in Cook County.