If you get an email saying your filing has been returned or rejected, you can correct your filing and resend it to the court using the Copy Envelope feature in your Filing History. To find out why your filing was rejected, click here for more instructions.
Copy Envelope will copy what you sent to the court and allow you to make changes before you e-file it again.
To copy a rejected filing, follow these steps:
- Click the orange Actions button.
- In the list that appears, click Filing History.
- On the Filing History page, find your rejected or canceled filing that you want to fix.
- Click the black Actions option to the right of the filing you want to fix.
- In the list that appears, click Copy Envelope.
- Scroll down to the section where changes need to be made. If its a new case submission, the case information and party information can be modified.
- In the Filings Section. Click one of the Filing Codes to open up the filing details and make the changes the court told you to make. (See the first red circle in the picture below.)
- Scroll down to find the details that have been copied from the last submission.
- If you need to remove a lead document, click the black X directly to the right of the document. (See the second red circle in the picture below.)
- After you click the X, the Lead document field will let you to upload a new document. Click the gray button under the word Computer to add a new PDF document.
- After you make all the changes to your filing click the blue Save Changes button in the bottom right corner.
- Scroll down and click the blue Summary button at the bottom of the page.
- On the Summary page, click the blue Submit button at the bottom of the page.
If you are not able to make a copy, you must create a new filing with corrections to submit it to the court.
Click here to learn what happens to the rejected filing fees.