If a filing is rejected, the website will allow you to correct the filing by using the Copy Envelope feature which can be found in the Filing History. If you would like to find out why your filing was rejected, click here for more instructions.
The Copy Envelope will copy your previous submission and allow you to make edit and changes to re-submit.
To Copy a rejected filing
- Click on the orange "Action" button.
- Click on "Filing History".
- Locate your rejected/canceled filing.
- Click on the corresponding Black "Actions" to the right of the filing you want to copy.
- Click “Copy Envelope”.
- Scroll down to the Fillings Section .
- Click on the Filing Code that you selected when you submitted your first filing. (This will open up the filing area for you to make the necessary changes the court instructed you to make).
- Scroll down to find the details that have been copied from the last submission.
- If you need to remove a lead document, click on the black X directly to the right of the document
- After clicking the X, the Lead document field will allow you to upload a new document. Click the grey computer button to add a new pdf document.
- Once you have made all the necessary changes to your filing click Save Changes
- Scroll down to click Summary.
- Press Submit at the Summary.
If you are not able to make a copy, you would need to redo the filing and submit a new filing to the courts.
Click here to learn what happens to the rejected filing fees.