The guidelines below should help create an ideal PDF for E-filing. Following these guidelines will prevent the Internal Server Error or the "document did not upload successfully" error when uploading your PDF in the Lead Document field.
- Security setting is turned off
- The size is no greater than 25mb or the courts maximum limitation
- Scanned at no greater than 300 dpi to 200 dpi
- Black and white is preferred
- No embedded fonts
- Document size 8.5 by 11
- No special characters in the document title (ex. !@#$%^&*)
To confirm the document is a PDF, in your PC/Laptop file folders, you will see .pdf at the end of the document name.
It is also recommend to refresh your web browser, this can be done by pressing the F5 key at the top of your keyboard for Windows PC/Laptop or by pressing Command and the letter "R" at the same time for Mac/Apple users.