- Windows users click here for instructions.
- Apple OS/ Mac users click here for instructions.
- Linux users click here for instructions.
To do so, open the document and attempt to print. When presented with your printer options, select 'Adobe PDF' or 'Microsoft Print to PDF'. This will prompt you to rename and save the file. Use the new version of the document when you re-file the document(s).
You can also resize the pages in the PDF by selecting the 'Shrink oversized pages' option, as seen in the illustration below.
Apple OS/ Mac
Mac 'Pages' users should 'export' to PDF instead of printing to PDF.
Click File and click Export To --> PDF
If your filing included multiple documents, it is recommended to Print to PDF or Export PDF on all documents. After re-submitting your corrected documents, check to make sure they are in Submitted status. This confirms that the documents were successfully sent to the court's review queue.
For more information about how to correct your filing; please see the attached "Submission Failed" document below.
Also recommend reading How do I convert my document to a PDF?
- Open the Document in your PDF Viewer.
- Press Ctrl+P to open the print dialog box or click File, select Print in the Menu.
- On the Menu Settings page, Click the General tab, and under Printer name, choose Print to File as your listed Printer.
- Choose your filename (rename the document) and save location.
- Select your file format. PDF is the default file type.
- Select any page preferences.
- Click Print to save the PDF.
Chrome OS does not offer an option to Print to PDF in default applications. We recommend switching to a laptop/desktop computer using Windows or Mac OS and following the steps above to fix a submission failed document.