Clicking the Forgot Password link at the sign in page is the easiest way to access your eFile account if your password does not work. Before clicking the Forgot Password link, check the following:
- Please verify you are on the correct web address by going to www.filenow.me clicking on efile and serve and then your state.
- Check to make sure the CAPS lock is not turned on. Passwords are case sensitive.
- Do not use your browser AutoFill. The AutoFill can enter in the wrong password. Type in your password.
If you are locked out of your account because the password was entered incorrectly too many times, you may use the forgot password link on the sign-in page.
This same step can be followed if you forgot your password. Once you reset your password, that will unlock your account and you will be able to sign back into your account.
* You can set this to the same password as you had used before.
From the main landing page, click on the blue Sign In icon.
On the sign in page, click on the link that says "Forgot Password?".
Enter your email, then click Next.
Indicate that you are not a robot, follow the captcha and click on Reset Password.
You will then receive a reset password link to that email.
- Please Note: If you have not received the email, check your spam/bulk folder in your email. You can also search in your inbox for the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please Note: If you do not have access to the registered user's email, you may need to register a new account, as the reset password link can only be sent to the registered user's email.